Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Friday, June 26, 2009

You've Got Flair

I finally finished my swap cards for the July Stamp of the Month. I was having such issues with this stamp set. I tried water coloring with a waterbrush, blending with the blender pen, coloring with markers and pencils. I wasn't liking anything I tried! I even tried a couple of background techniques - shaving cream and re-inker smoosh - neither of which I liked. I'll post samples later of some of my failed attempts.

I finally decided to try the puddle pad technique. It's a pretty simple technique with very good results. I've also heard it called the tie-dye technique. Basically, you'll need a paper plate, a piece of felt to make an ink pad, re-inkers in 2-3 colors, and a stamp. Place your felt on the paper plate to protect the work surface. Place a few drops of each color re-inker on the felt next to each other but careful not to get them mixed. Take your stamp and ink it up on the felt pad using a tap-tap-tap method so you don't mix the colors. Then stamp your image onto your cardstock. Viola! You have a multi-colored image with little effort. This will work for outline images as well as solid images.





Card Design: Wishes - Medallion
Stamps: You've Got Flair (July SOM)
Papers: Moon Doggie Level 2 Papers
Inks: Cranberry, Desert Sand
Re-inkers: Cranberry, Garden Green, Indian Corn Blue
Accessories: Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Summer Craft Buttons, 3D dots
Techniques: Stippling, puddle pad/felt pad

Until next time...


1 comment:

LauraB said...

thank you, Deb, for your lovely inspiration! I have given you a blog award! All you have to do is post it on your blog with my name and blog link. THen you nominate 5 others and let them know!
easy-peasy!
love ya, gurl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails