Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Friday, September 4, 2009

Beware!

Those that know me well, know that one of my favorite holidays is Halloween. When I saw the new Beware set in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book, I HAD to have it! Then I opted to participate in a swap where I had to use the new Grace Level 2 Kit and/or colors and any of the new stamp sets that would coordinate with it. Hmm...well, there was a challenge. I didn't want to use the new Workshop on the Go stamps, and I figured the Stamp of the Month was out as that is a separate swap. So, I pulled out all the colors that are in the kit - Cocoa, Twilight, Barn Red, Honey, and Colonial White - perfect for fall evenings. I figured I could pull off a Halloween card with those colors. I'm actually quite pleased at how it turned out.




Pattern: Wishes - Medallion
Inks: Twilight and Cocoa
Techniques: Edge Distressing, Ink Distressing, Paper Piecing





I distressed all the edges with the edge distresser, then distressed again with Cocoa ink. I stamped the Happy Halloween twice, cut the bat out of the second one and used a 3-D square to pop him off the first image. Use your fingers to curl his wings a little for added dimension.



Until next time...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails