Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Sunday, January 31, 2010

February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

It's time for our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring February's SOTM, which is Piece of Cake, a set of 10 stamps. If you've come from Chris's Blog, you're on the right path. We have over 70 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This month, I opted for a simple card.  While I love coloring in stamps, I don't always have the time.  A quick but pretty way to showcase line art stamps is to emboss them in white on dark cardstock.  Here, I embossed the cake in White Daisy on Chocolate Cardstock.  It pops right off the card!




Pattern - Wishes - Circle Collection
Inks - Chocolate and VersaMark

I sponged the edges of all the pieces and the card base in Chocolate ink.  The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate on the Heavenly Blue side of the B&T.  I also sponged the pink Just Bloom for some shading.

Now "Hop" on over to Jessica's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! The complete list of participants is here. Remember, the February SOTM is only available until February 28th! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

Until next time...

10 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

Embossing is one of my favorite things to do. I love how you showcased the cake with this technique.

Haley D. said...

That embossing definitely pops. Love it!

Nalazoo said...

Embossing is definitely the way to go if you want to use these stamps and make a card in a jiffy. Works great with this Wishes pattern. Great job!

Dawn said...

This card pattern looks great!

Cupcake Stamper said...

Looks fabulous love that you embossed the cake makes the image really pop off the card

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the white embossing on chocolate. Yummy.

Carla said...

Cute card!

Krista Ritskes said...

Perfect card! Love the flower addition.

Anonymous said...

it really pops out!! Really cute card!

Melissa said...

I love the embossing! Nice job!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails