Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blog Makeover {again}

If you've visited in the last few hours, you've probably noticed I'm changing things again.  It's not that I didn't LOVE my background from SamScraps, it was just looking too busy again (perhaps it's all the "stuff" I try to put on here).

I actually took some time to look for instructions (and follow them) for making my own background.  The whole digital thing is new to me.  I don't have Photoshop - I use paint.net. I've read it is very similiar to Photoshop, just without the hefty price tag.  There are also some AWESOME designers of free scrapbooking digi kits.  Those that know me well, know I LOVE purple. So far, what backgrounds I've found for purple, are generally cutesy, or springy, or Halloween.  I also wanted to something that represents my "Memories of the Heart" that I've used since I started with Close To My Heart.  That's where Designs by Ali came in.  I found her freebie Purple Dreams kit, as well as her It's All About The Love kit.  Of course, I snagged both kits, not exactly knowing what I'd do with them, but knowing I loved both of them. 

Tonight I sat down and started playing.  I finally came up with what you see here. It's a rather simple background, but I believe simple will work better with what I have going on (at least it looks better to me). The background papers, ribbons, and flowerettes are from her Purple Dreams kit. The little heart brads are from her It's All About The Love kit.  My sidebar headers/dividers are from her Purple Dreams.  I also designed the header from her Purple Dreams kit.  I plan on tweeking that just a little bit - but not tonight.  I also realize I need to change font colors again (but again - not tonight). 

If you'd like to take a minute to let me know what you think, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Hopefully, this will be a good week and I'll have time to come back and finish it up (at least until I decide to change it again - LOL!).

Until next time...

Debra

1 comment:

Kathleen Rensel, Scrapbook Addict said...

It looks good, Deb! I love purple too. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails