Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Friday, April 9, 2010

Card Workshop: Veranda

I had the first of my April card workshops last night.  We created 10 cards - 2 each of 5 designs.  I try to follow the cards showcased in the Workshop On The Go guides each month; however due to cost restraints, they are nearly as elaborate, although I still think they turn out pretty good.

One of my workshop groups requested a refresher in heat embossing this month.  So I figured out how to incorporate that into this month's cards.  As I don't have all the embossing powder colors (I know you're shocked!), we embossed using regular exclusive ink pads and VersaMark.  First, stamp your image in the color you want. After you clean your stamp, ink the stamp in VersaMark, and stamp image again, directly on top of your first image.  Using CTMH's My Acrylix stamps makes it very easy to line them up!  Cover your image with Clear Embossing Powder (or Clear Detail Embossing Powder) and tap of the excess, then heat set with the heat tool. By using the Clear Embossing Powder, the color of your original image will show through.



Pattern: Wishes - Stay Left




Pattern from Veranda Workshop on the Go Brochure
(rotated 90 degrees clockwise)



Pattern from Veranda Workshop on the Go Brochure
(rotated 180 degrees)



Pattern from Veranda Workshop on the Go Brochure



Pattern: Wishes - Stay Left (rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Stamps: Follow Your Heart (WOTG Exclusive)
Techniques: Sponging, Stamp Rolling, Heat Embossing


Until next time...

Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails