Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wow! Where did August go?

It's hard to believe it's the last week of August already.  It's been such a whirlwind month and I can honestly say, I'll be glad to see it go.

My youngest turned 12 this month. For his birthday, he wanted to go camping at Bogg's - so we did.  We invited my brother and his kids to come with us as well.  He's been going through a tough time and I thought it would be good for him to get away for a weekend and enjoy his kids and a little relaxing time.  Although with 6 kids and 3 adults, I believe we were outnumbered LOL!  But everyone did have a great time and I got some awesome pics for scrapping later.

School also started for us this month, so that meant back to school shopping and registration, physicals, etc.  My oldest is a Junior in High School this year - so hard to believe he's that old already. My youngest is in 6th grade.  My kids no longer allow me to take 1st day of school pics, but that's okay - I get to keep all the report cards, awards, etc. that they come home with.  We're still settling into our back-to-school routine and learning schedules and extracurricular activities.  Hopefully things will line out soon and we can get back into a rhythm.

I took a trip to Michigan last weekend for our Close To My Heart Unit/Team meeting.  I am so proud and happy to be a part of two of the best teams.  I love the family feeling and the welcome I get every time I go - especially considering I only get to go about once a year.  This meeting was our annual team awards.  I was pleasantly surprised to receive awards for personal sales and number of gatherings. It was so great to see everyone again as well.

Unfortunately, with all the good times, there comes some sad times.  As I was leaving town Friday morning for my Michigan trip, my husband called to tell me that one of our very close friends had died the night before.  My husband had debated whether to wait and tell me when I got home, but I'm glad he didn't.  I debated not going on my trip, but he told me to go and make the most of it and he would let me know of the arrangements and we could go from there.  While I know everything happens for a reason, some things I don't understand.  Eric, I hope you can feel the wind in Heaven and may you always ride free.  You will be greatly missed.

Today marks the 16th anniversary of my father's passing.  He was one of the best men I have ever known.  He is the one who taught me right from wrong and taught me to be strong.   Everyday I find myself doing things and saying things and realizing what my dad had taught me.  Everyday I miss him and so much want to talk to him just one more time.  I love you, Daddy!

I hope to get back to more regular posting again soon. I have been working on a few projects here and there and do have some things to share.  There are lots of exciting things happening with Close To My Heart in the coming months! 

Until next time...
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails