Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wings Workshop on the Go Layouts and a Tutorial

I spent last Thursday finishing up a few layouts and playing with NEW Spring/Summer products!  I had SO much fun and thoroughly enjoyed spending the day to myself.

The first set of layouts I finished up were the Wings WOTG Layouts we recently did.  This is the workshop kit from the Inspirations brochure.  It will be available through August 31, 2011! So if you missed my workshop - there's still time to get it and do it yourself! Or get together with your friends and call me - I'll be thrilled to come help you put it together!

One of the new things I'm doing with my workshops this year, thanks to a great friend and frugal customer, is issuing a "Use Your Stash" challenge.  My friend generally orders the paper only kit, plus the My Stickease.  Like most of the rest of us, she has tons of embellishments, so she'll ask me for the colors and she'll pull out what she has and we go from there.  Now, while I generally purchase whatever the kit calls for, I LOVE this idea, and I actually put it to use this time!

Here's the layouts we created at our workshop.


This is the layout from the WOTG instructional guide.  I used the Black/Sweet Leaf dot B&T to cut photo mats according to the sizes in the guide.  This was a fun workshop with the new Spray Pens and reinker/pearl paint mixture!

This is the additional layout from the WOTG guide. It uses Lovely Assistant from Magic as the pattern. I added photo mats according to the pattern using leftover paper.  I don't generally stamp my titles until I know what photos I'm going to use, but I try to complete them other than that.  I'm not a huge butterfly person and the bold butterfly paper didn't really suit my tastes, so I just flipped it over and used the Sweet Leaf side.

This is the third layout we did.  I'll be honest, I scraplift quite a bit for simplicity's sake.  I saw this FABULOUS layout from Jeni Perkins and knew I could do something similar.  The layout pattern is Back Stage from Magic. I changed the papers around a little based on what was left in the WOTG kit.  She used Dimensional Elements On Target on her layout (at least that's what it looks like).  I know I have them somewhere, but where eludes me right now.  So, at the workshop, my friend and I were discussing what we could do and saw the same layout in the back of the new Idea Book done with buttons!  I have buttons - or so I thought - come to find out, no I only have the Craft Clear Buttons.  BUT with my circle punch, liquid glass, and the leftover B&T from the kit, I made the buttons work.

Here's a quick tutorial for the buttons.  You'll need the Clear Craft Buttons, a circle punch (I used the one from Creative Memories), Liquid Glass, and scissors.

Punch a circle close to the size of the button (bigger is okay).

Apply a little Liquid Glass to the punched piece.
Adhere the button to the punched piece and let dry.
Depending on how much Liquid Glass you used, it shouldn't take but about 10 mintues.

After it's dry, trim excess paper with scissors.
Ta Da! You now have a button ready to coordinate with any layout or project.

Here's a close up of the buttons on the Wings layout.

A note of caution - plan your page! I had a major headache last Thursday so was not going to try to plan more than two colors, but you certainly could! Have fun and let your creativity flow!


If you'd like to complete these layouts yourself, visit my Workshops page (above) and get the supply list. Then visit my website and order your supplies! Don't forget, the only way to get the stamp set that comes with it, is to order the Workshop on the Go Kit!


Until next time...
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails