Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Monday, January 26, 2009

February Stamp of the Month - Easter Eggs

I apologize for not posting the last couple of weeks. Things got really hectic here after Carl proposed at the end of December. Of course, me being a procrastinator does not help. So I've spent the last 2 weeks running around getting things arranged for our wedding, which took place Saturday. Now that it's over, I should be able to get back to posting somewhat regularly.

I'd like to share a layout I did for our Stamp of the Month swap group. I'm in two different swap groups, one of which requires the use of certain papers/colors (this month was Emporium). The layout is one from Cherish - sorry, I don't remember which one. Colors are Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa, and Buttercup. I used the Coluzzle Oval to cut the verse on the left page, as well as the basket on the right page. I used Twill Ribbon to accent the verse and accessorize the basket.



The Buttercup journaling strip is stamped using one of the eggs from the Easter Eggs set to create a background similiar to that of Saran Wrap. I used another egg with a wood grain background to stamp in Cocoa on the Cocoa strip across the page.

For the basket, I cut several strips of Cocoa at 1/2 inch wide. I decided on how big to make my basket and cut a base from some of the the B&T paper using the Coluzzle Oval. Using the standard basket weave, I made my basket and then trimmed the strips around the base. I adhered all the loose pieces with a drop of liquid adhesive and set aside to dry. Once dry, I sanded the basket both horizontally and vertically to give it a little texture. The handle was cut using the Coluzzle Oval as well. If you have questions, please email me. I was hoping to get a tutorial done, but with all that I've had going on and now being sick on top of that, it just hasn't happened yet.


For the verse, I used the Coluzzle Oval and cut a piece of Buttercup and a mat out of Crystal Blue. I used a hole punch to punch holes in the sides and set Buttercup Eyelets in the oval. I threaded Twill Ribbon through the eyelets then used glue dots to adhere it to the page.


The February Stamp of the Month, Easter Eggs, will be available February 1st through February 28th only. With 20 stamps - all different designs of eggs, these are great for backgrounds and borders.

Until next time...





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails