Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Fall!

About the only thing I like about Fall is the changing colors in the leaves. I'm not one for colder temperatures and damp/wet days, but I do love driving through the country and seeing all the gorgeous reds, yellows, oranges and greens on the trees and bushes.
I had fun creating this card trying to capture some of the Fall elements and colors. The Twitterpated papers and colors make it a little easier :) I inked the leaves from Many Thanks in Sweet Leaf ink then sponged on Sorbet ink around the edges. Using the sponging technique instead of the rock and roll technique allows some of the Sweet Leaf to still show through the Sorbet giving a more gradual color change.

Pattern - Wishes
Stamps - Many Thanks
Techniques - Rock and Roll, Sponging

Here's a side view to show the dimension of the leaves and acorn. I used the 3D dots and just layered them together making sure each one popped off the other.


Here's a close up of the leaves and acorn. Hopefully you can see the Sorbet sponging on the edges of the leaves and the highlight that the rock and roll technique gives to the acorn. I tied the trio together using the natural hemp.




Until next time...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails