Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Monday, November 30, 2009

December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

It's time for our wonderful Stamp of the Month Blog Hop again! We will be featuring December's SOTM, which is Notice the Details, a set of 41 stamps. If you've come from Kathleen's Blog, you're on the right path. We have over 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This month, I opted to do a circle card. These stamps are perfect for journaling on layouts and albums, but I also wanted to show how you can use it on cards as well.




Pattern - Wishes - Side Note (modified)

Papers - Sweet Home Level 2 My Reflections Kit

Inks - Cocoa, Garnet, Indian Corn Blue

Accessories - White Daisy Mini Medley Accents, Cocoa Embossing Powder, Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint, Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, Just Blooms Big Pinks



I used our version of glimmer mist to color the Just Blooms flower. You can find the directions in this previous post. I took 2 of the crotched flowers and cut them in half, then glued them around the circle. Then I glued that to the colored bloom and popped the whole thing with pop-dot. The binder clip is embossed in Cocoa Embossing Powder and cut out with an exacto knife. I scissor distressed then ink distressed all the edges.

I love how you can bend the My Acrylix stamps to fit what you're stamping. The trick to that, is to put it on your project and shape it first, carefully holding it in place (I did cheat and cut that border stamp in half to make it easier to hold). Then place your block on top of the positioned stamp. Double check your placement before inking and stamping.

Now "Hop" on over to Wendy's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! The complete list of participants is here. Remember, the December SOTM is only available until December 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

Until next time...


13 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

I think your card is adorable. I love how you curved the torn paper around the circle.

Paige Dolecki said...

Very sweet card!

Paige

MsJay said...

Very pretty card.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

oh so pretty

Katy said...

Must be the month for circle cards...love the dimension on yours!

Jena said...

Ha - great minds think alike - I LOVE your circle card with the paper edge stamp around the edge of the card ;-) TFS!

Carla said...

Cute card! TFS

Lori Miller said...

Love the card!

Krista Ritskes said...

So creative! Love the crochet flowers.

Nalazoo said...

OMG - I just had a idea....the hearts look like they could have check marks inside them when they are lined up this way....or, remember how we used the brads on the Everyday Celebration Cards. Whooo Hooo - more ideas :-)

Wendy K. said...

Great card! I love how you made the border!

Adeline E. Brill said...

Super card - I guess we were ALL thinking round cards!!!

Haley D. said...

Beautiful card! I love all the details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails