Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Topstitch Workshop on the Go {Layouts}

We had our monthly workshop this past Sunday.  February's pages were done using Topstitch Level 2 Papers and coordinating accessories.


This is the featured layout in the brochure.  During this class, we learned double stamping (stamping an image twice in the same place to get a darker image).  The stamped images are pop dotted for dimension. I opted not to use Dimensional Elements on my layouts as I have several heart shaped punches that hardly get used and TONS of paper.


This is the second layout in the brochure - Imagine: Understudy.
My friend, Lea Rae, had the Creative Memories Sweet Heart punch, so I used that for the punch in the upper left corner.  The heart is punched in the Chocolate B&T duos, so the small Heavenly Blue heart is the middle from the heart punch - how cool!  I'm not usually one for sewing on my layouts (just not patient enough), but I thought I'd try it here.  I really like the results.  I used a ruler with my paper piercer to get the holes lined up.


This is the third layout we did - Imagine: Salsa.  It was inspired by a layout from Meredith Painter. She did her's in pinks, but as I have boys, I preferred to use the blues.  When I was planning the third layout for this class, I wasn't considering that my new granddaughter would be here shortly, so now I'll have to go back and do this layout again in the pinks :)  The blue strips under the ribbon are just  3/8" strips of the Heavenly Blue mesh B&T.  There wasn't quite enough ribbon left in the Mini-Medley Accents to add ribbon, so I made paper ribbons.  I used the Bitty Brads in the middle of the Chocolate pinwheels.

Supplies

If you'd like to complete this workshop, you can purchase the Workshop on the Go Basic Kit, which includes the exclusive stamp, through April 30th, while supplies last, for only $35 (shipped directly to you).  The basic kit includes: Topstitch Level 2 Paper Packet, Love Is In The Air Stamp Set, Mini-Medley Colonial White Accents and the Instructional Guide.

Our March Workshop on the Go will be featuring You Rock. Check my calendar for our workshop date or contact me to schedule your own workshop!

Until next time...

Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails