Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Friday, March 5, 2010

Crop for the Cure {Round 1}

The first of two Crop for the Cure events was held at Vanderburgh County 4-H Activities Center last Saturday.  I had SO much fun attending again this year.  Amanda (the coordinator) and her volunteers always do an outstanding job of making it a great event!  It's a great event not only to visit with friends and make new ones, and hopefully get some scrappin' done, but also to raise money for a great cause.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to visit my Close To My Heart booth and check out our products and artwork and talk with us! 

I offered a simple 12x12 page from Imagine {Monologue} and had page kits available for purchase so that participants could go home with full layout if desired.


The left page was the make and take. Participants got to stamp the title and assemble the page.  We used the Topstitch Level 2 Papers, Chocolate Ink, Friendship Alphabet Large Stamp Set, and Colonial White Ribbon.  It's always fun to see the pages that everyone comes up with.  I just provide the pieces and a sample layout, participants can then assemble however they want for their own layout.

The right page was the extra page kit that could be purchased.  It included all the pre-cut pieces and the ribbon. I also included an instructional sheet for assembly suggestions.

Here's a few pics of my booth....










Special thanks to my mom and boys, who graciously helped stuff my goody bags and cut and assemble make and takes and extra page kits.  Okay, so maybe the boys got drafted, but I still appreciate their help.

Special thanks also to my friends Lea Rae and Sherryl who helped me out at the crop with setting everything up and taking it all back down, as well as taking care of things while I was doing the make and take that afternoon. I could not do this without them and I'm so thankful they don't mind spending 12 hours just hanging out. 

I'm looking forward to the next crop on the 13th! 

Until next time...

Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails