Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Drink Recipe Book ~ Recipes

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my Recipe Album for the CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop project!  Greatly appreciated.

I received a few questions as to how I attached the album to the glass.  I no longer have the glass as I used it as a gift, so I can't show pictures, but I'll try to explain.

I took our paper piercer and a lighter and heated up the metal tip of the piercer to get it very hot. Then I worked it through the plastic martini glass to make a hole.  It takes several times of doing this to get the hole big enough to put the ring through.  I did not want to risk cracking the flimsy plastic by using a hole punch or Crop-A-Dile. Although, you could try puting a piece of packing tape on both sides then punch your holes. Theorectically, the tape would stop it from fracturing.

I wrinkled up tissue paper to stuff in the glass.  Then I put a thin line of liquid glass around the rim of the glass and put the back of the recipe album on it. Actually, I probably turned the glass upside down and stuck it to the chipboard cover of the album. Let it dry completely.

For those of you wanting a few recipes, here's a few I have saved from the project.

Fruit Smoothie with Heart

1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup low fat flavored or plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2 cups frozen fruit - mixture of choice
1 banana
1/4 cup ice

Starting with liquids, place all ingredients in blender. Place lid on blender and blend until smooth.
 
Simple Strawberry and Banana Smoothie

1 cup plain yogurt
2 bananas
1 pound frozen strawberries

Place all ingredients into blender and cover. Blend on medium until desired consistency is reached.
Yield: 5 servings
 
Tropical Ice

1 can tropical fruit juice concentrate
2 bananas (broken into pieces)
2 1/2 cups ice cubes

Place all indredients in blender and cover. Blend on high until desired consistency is reached.
Yield 40 ounces
 
Lime Daiquiris

3 limes (juiced)
1/2 Cup white sugar
10 ounces white rum
6 cups ice cubes
4 maraschino cherries

In blender, combine lime juice, sugar, and rum. Blend and add ice one cube at a time until mixture is thick and smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with maraschino cherries. Yield: 4 servings
 
 
SunBurn

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rum
1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
3 cups ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Yield: 4 servings
 
Until next time...
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails