Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Monday, February 28, 2011

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop {Sensational Season}

It's time once again for our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month, we are featuring March's Stamp of the Month, Sensational Season, set of 10.


If you've come from {Michelle's Blog}, you're on the right path. We have close to 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I created a 12x12 scrapbook page using our new Mayberry Level 2 Paper Packet. 

The pattern is Mystify from Magic. I LOVE this how-to book! 

Here's close up of the bunny.  I used two different techniques for the bunny. The first is paper piecing.  Paper piecing is relatively easy to do - just a little time consuming.  You first stamp the image on White Daisy or Colonial White (used here) cardstock.  Then stamp the image again on various pattern papers or colored cardstock. Here, I used 2 of the B&T (background and texture) papers from the Mayberry paper packet for her apron.  I used Smoothie for her dress.  Each image is stamped in Cocoa ink.  Then carefully cut out each piece from the B&T and/or colored cardstock. I used a combination of our micro-tip scissors and craft knife.  Then carefully place your cut out pieces onto your main image that you first stamped on your Colonial White cardstock.  I use a liquid adhesive as it has a little "give" to it for perfect placement.

The second technique is done with a waterbrush.  There are several ways to use the waterbrush. For this application, I just touched the damp brush to the ink pad to pick up color.  If you do not want to blur or soften your stamped lines, then you'll need to stamp in an archival ink or StazOn ink. I used Cocoa ink, so it softened some of the stamped lines. To get the shading, just start your coloring on the outside and work in. You can add more color where you want. But don't get your brush too wet.


For the basket, I used just the waterbrush with Cocoa, Smoothie, Olive, and Honey inks.
Each image is raised with our foam tape.

Supplies

Now "Hop" on over to {Carol's Blog} to check out her adorable card! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! The complete list of participants is here. Remember, the March SOTM is only available until March 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!  
 
Until next time...
Debra

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and the embossed flourish under the message.

Angel ^j^ said...

I guess we were all thinking this set would be perfect for paper piecing -- LOL -- I love the papers you used for yours - very sweet!

Nancy said...

Very Pretty!!!

Haley D. said...

Great layout! I love all the little details.

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Great details on your layout. TFS!

Mary Eisen said...

love the techniques!

Nalazoo said...

Very Pretty! Love the new Mayberry papers and they are perfect for the bunnies!

Krista Ritskes said...

So sweet. I love your ruffled ribbon.

Kathleen said...

Debra, I always love your layouts and other artwork! This layout is no exception! Gorgeous!!

Michael's Nana said...

very nice colors that you used!!! Thank you for sharing it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails