Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cut, Crop, Cure 2011

I had a WONDERFUL time at the Cut, Crop, Cure fundraiser event for Warrick County Relay for Life yesterday! While it was a relatively small crop, the people were great, the food was absolutely AMAZING, and the entire day was fun! Sharon and her relay team put on a fabulous day for everyone! They had goody bags for all the croppers, hourly door prizes, a silent auction, yard sale table, and more! 

The food was AMAZING (yes, I know I said that already)! We were served home-cooked meatloaf and/or fried chicken for lunch with green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a DELICIOUS chocolate cake for dessert.  Dinner was spaghetti with salad and garlic bread - and more chocolate cake! I think it's the best two meals I've had all week! (Shhh! Don't tell my husband - LOL!) Of course, there were snacks throughout the day as well - zucchini bread, apple-raisin bread, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, chips & dip, and more.

Vendors for the day included Creative Memories, TNT Scrapping, Scentsy, and myself.  Kim, with TNT Scrapping, offered a technique demonstration on how to sand and color plain chipboard.  Becky, with Creative Memories, had a place set up to demonstrate their punches. I offered a free 12x12 page make and take with an additional page kit available for purchase if attendees wanted a 2-page layout.

Inspired by fellow consultant, Carol Labuski, I created and offered the following page for our make and take:


Pattern: Magic - Mystify
Papers: Typeset
Stamps: Limited Edition - September Stamp of the Month (not shown)
Inks: Cocoa, Vineyard Berry, Juniper (not shown)
Accessories: Milepost Shapes, Black Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Designer Ribbon Black (while supplies last), Black Buttons (non-CTMH)

The title, swirls, and tag were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. We stamped the journal box from the Limited Edition set on the tag in Cocoa ink, added the phrase "Good Times" in Vineyard Berry ink, and added "date" and "what" in Juniper ink. 

Here is the second page that I offered as a page kit - complete with all pieces pre-cut, embellishments, and instructions:




Thanks so much to Sharon and her relay team for inviting me down to their event! If you're looking for a small crop to get some things done, this is definitely one I would recommend! It's worth it just for the AMAZING food!


Until next time...
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails