Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop {You Are}


It's time once again for our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month, we are featuring April's Stamp of the Month, You Are, set of 15.

If you've come from {Georgia's Blog}, you're on the right path. We have about 50 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I was supposed to take this stamp set to St. Louis with us this week and work on my project. I'm really glad that I forgot to take it with me! After we got home today, I had this idea to go with our Cruisin' workshop layouts. I'll be using the Cruisin' layouts to highlight our trip, and this stamp set was perfect to add to those layouts. Here is one of the pages we'll be doing for our workshop. It's actually taken directly from the Idea Book, and will be the first page of my family's Spring Break album.  It is still a work in progress as most of the photos from our trip are still on either my camera or the laptop.


I used the word border stamp to create a border around the outside edge of the Juniper mat with Cranberry ink.  I used the stars in between the wording with Grey Wool ink.  To create the corner designs, I chose one of the semi-circle images and stamped it sideways, then rotated it to create a medallion of sorts. 

I'm not one to sew, but I do like the look. I decided to cut apart the stamp that has the words and the dots. I then used just the dots to create a border using our White Daisy ink. As this is a pigment ink, I did heat set it with my heat tool.

Supply List
Stamps: You Are (April Stamp of the Month), Adventure USA 

Now "Hop" on over to {Dawn's Blog} to check out her fabulous artwork! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! The complete list of participants is here.

Don't forget, the Stamp of the Month is only available until April 30th! Contact your consultant, or click here!

Until next time...
Debra

10 comments:

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Cute layout. Using the wording as a border was very clever.

life documented said...

Love this layout too in the catalogue! What a great way to use the border stamp set and the little stars and bursts too!

Melinda Everitt said...

That will be a fantastic album for you family! Great start.

Tamytha said...

Love how you used this on your layout!

Pamela OConnor said...

I really like the SOTM with this paper packet. Great layout!

Unknown said...

This is so awesome!!

Kim said...

As usual....great layouts!

Unknown said...

Nice layout!

Krista Ritskes said...

Looks great!

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic idea for the use of the stamp for the border

Related Posts with Thumbnails