Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Saturday, March 28, 2009

April Stamp of the Month

I absolutely LOVE the April Stamp of the Month set from Close To My Heart - World's Best Dad. With boys, this stamp set is right up my alley.


The layout is from Imagine - Fiesta. The paper tearing technique lends itself to creating a wonderful landscape scene using the Stardust Level 2 Paper Packet. Other colors include: Bamboo, Topiary, Moonstruck and Honey.

For the fish, I stamped them in Topiary ink on White Daisy Cardstock. They were then colored with the waterbrush using ink directly from the ink pads (Topiary and Honey). I applied Liquid Glass to the fish (generously and BEFORE cutting them out). Once they had dried (I let them dry overnight), I cut them out closely with the Micro-Tip Scissors - great for getting into tiny spaces and detailing. I "strung" the fish on hemp, using the Piercing Tool to poke holes in the fish and thread the hemp through them, tying a knot to secure the hemp. The fish are glue-dotted down at the top, leaving their tails free.

I used a Dimensional Elements Bookplate covered with Bamboo Cardstock and threaded on hemp for a journaling element.

The edges of all the photo mats are distressed with the Edge Distresser for a more rugged look.


On the right side page, the fish is again stamped in Topiary, waterbrushed, liquid glassed, and cut out. The fishing creel is stamped in Bamboo on White Daisy Cardstock, then waterbrushed with Honey and detail cut. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the hole in the handle. I used a Pewter Bitty Brad for the buckle accent. The canoe is stamped in Bamboo on the lighter side of the Textured Bamboo Cardstock and cut out. I wrapped hemp around the photo mat, securing it with glue-dots on the back side only so a photo can be slipped under it. You could also hang a tag or Dimensional Element from the hemp.



The fishing rod is stamped in Bamboo on the lighter side of the Textured Bamboo Cardstock and detail cut. Notice that I cut of the "fishing line" from the finished image. For the line, I used Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment - White Daisy in two-ply (they are 6-ply strands). I carefully poked holes in the fishing rod using the Piercing Tool, then carefully threaded the Embroidery Floss through the rod with a needle. I glue dotted the fish to the line in the "lake" leaving his tail free.

Other accessories include pewter brads.


I'm very pleased at how this layout turned out. Hopefully, I can find a few minutes to dig out some photos of the boys fishing and complete this page.

World's Best Dad is available April 1-30, 2009 only.


Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails