Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Sunday, April 19, 2009

May Stamp of the Month - Be Yourself

I finally found some motivation and energy today (not to mention a swap deadline). While I LOVE 95% of the Summer 09 Idea Book, I'm honestly not all that thrilled with the Stamp of the Month sets. They are too feminine for my tastes and lifestyle (3 boys and a husband will do that). However, since I signed up for this Idea Book's Stamp of the Month swap with Haley, I had to come up with something. She asked that we use the new Bella papers with May's Stamp of the Month. That, of course, didn't help as I don't do flowery stuff either.

Here's what I've come up with...




This is a 5x7 card - Terrific Triplets from Originals. I stamped the girl first in Creme Brulee, then again in Smokey Plum (on a separate piece of cardstock). I cut just the dress out of the girl stamped in Smokey Plum, then adhered it to the Creme Brulee girl (commonly known as paper piecing). The ruffles in the dress are accented with Prisma Glitter. The flower is a white Just Blooms that I dyed with a Hollyhock re-inker and 70% alcohol mixture (please don't ask how much of each - I don't measure). The center of the flower is a Bigger Brad that I dipped in Scotch Glue, then dipped in Prisma Glitter (you could also use Liquid Glass, but I couldn't find mine). The edges of all the Colonial White cardstock are sponged in Smokey Plum.


Here's a close up of the flower and the dress for details.


Be Yourself will be available from May 1-31, 2009, only. You can get yours at a discount or even free! You'll be able to see the rest of the stamp set on May 1st, with the release of the Summer 09 Idea Book.



Until next time...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails