Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Journal Your Christmas {Manifesto}

I am once again taking the online class from Shimelle - Journal Your Christmas. I originally signed up in 2007, and while I've read the prompts every year, and had intentions of completing them, I never have.  This year I plan to try to actually complete the class - using Studio J. I find it so much easier for me to sit and play in that than to drag everything out only to end up with something I'm not 100% happy with.

I started last night on the Manifesto - or the introduction, why, goals, etc.  Shimelle offers digital downloads for those of us taking the class.  And since they are png, jpeg, or other images - they will work as photos for Studio J purposes. 

I finished up my Manifesto this morning.  The photos I share here will just be screen shots, as I will order the entire album when I've completed it.


One of the things I also like about Studio J, is that you can convert a photo well to a text box.  So in a layout that was originally designed for 5 photos - I now have 2 photos and 3 text boxes for my journaling.  For this layout, I chose Up The Tempo - which can also be found in our How To programs (I'm too lazy to get up and find out which one).  The red manifesto and the December 1st are photos from the digital downloads.  I then converted the 3 photo wells on the right page to text boxes for my journaling.  For the journaling box on the right page I matted the vellum with New England Ivy, then resized one of the My Stickease to fit nicely in it.  I used the stubble distressing feature to add some Outdoor Denim ink for a sky effect.

I'm really pleased with how this layout turned out.  And using Studio J makes it so easy - perhaps this year I will actually complete the album and have something to look back on in future years.

Until next time...
Debra

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails