Home About Me My Calendar My Artwork Gallery Customer Care Program Idea Book Join My Team Shop Online Workshops On The Go Hostess Clubs Fundraisers Email Me For Sale Studio J

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop {Chairs to You}

It's time once again for our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month, we are featuring May's Stamp of the Month, Chairs to You, set of 14.



If you've come from {Vickie's Blog}, you're on the right path. We have close to 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!



I created a 6x6 Card from Originals - Package Deal using a combination of Miracle & Bliss B&T papers, along with some Pear Cardstock, Bamboo Cardstock and Colonial White Cardstock. 
I just slightly modified the inside to look like this...

I've seen these three dimensional cards before, but this is my first attempt at one.
 I stamped the 2 chairs on Bliss B&T paper in Cocoa ink and cut out.
I added Bitty Brads in Antique Copper for the "buttons" on the big chair.
For the other chair, I used my water brush and colored in the flowers.
The chairs are attached with a 1/2" x 2" strip of Colonial White Cardstock so that they stand out when the card is opened up, but lay flat when closed. 
I used my Cuttlebug with my Nestabilities Labels 4 for the 2 "wall hangings", which are also stamped in Cocoa Ink. They are attached with 3D Foam Tape.

Here's a close up of the big chair
The "table" is actually one of the chairs, I just trimmed the back off of it as well.

Supplies:


Pattern - Originals - Packaged Deal
Inks - Cocoa & Smoothie
Papers - Miracle B&T, Bliss B&T, Bamboo Textured Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock


Now "Hop" on over to {Sheila's Blog} to check out her fabulous artwork! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! The complete list of participants is here. Remember, the May SOTM is only available until May 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!   


Until next time...
Debra

7 comments:

Angel ^j^ said...

Too Cute!! I'll have to try this :))

Paige Dolecki said...

Very cute!

Paige

Kathleen said...

Debra, What a darling idea! I LOVE this card!!

Doreen said...

Debra - AWESOME 3D card! Love how you made the inside appear to be a cozy living space! And, the use of my favorite chair as a table - BRILLIANT!!!! Love this card!
~ doreen at http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Sheila Bennett said...

What a cute little scene you created. Great thinking to cut the 'back' off of a chair to create a table.

Krista Ritskes said...

Wow! What a neat card.

Haley D. said...

Your card is stunning! So much work went into it. I really love the side table idea. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails